Thursday, March 28, 2013

Two-Book Deal for Middlegrade Debut Author Simon P. Clark

It's been a great Bologna Book Fair week for us at TBA, and I'm so pleased to cap it off with a deal announcement for Simon P. Clark, whose middlegrade novel EREN was one of the most confident, sophisticated manuscripts I've ever come across in a slush pile. The first time I read it, I was on the tube, my jaw went slack, and I looked frantically round the carriage for someone to whom I could say: Oh my God, look at this! This is incredible! Even now, having read it a dozen times, it still gives me chills -- it's reminiscent of both SKELLIG and A MONSTER CALLS, and yet EREN is entirely, beautifully unique.

I think we've found it -- and him -- just the right home at Constable & Robinson. Congratulations, Simon!

 International rights:
UK Children's 
Simon Clark's EREN, in which a 12-year-old is whisked away to his uncle's country house in the wake of a scandal involving his father, and encounters a captivating creature in the attic whose attention comes at a sinister price, to Sarah Castleton at Constable & Robinson, in a a two-book deal, for publication in Fall 2014, by Molly Ker Hawn at The Bent Agency (World).
On Twitter? Send Simon your congratulations at @araenvo!

No comments:

Post a Comment