Thursday, April 30, 2015

TBA Monthly Wishlist - April 2015


It's time again for the Monthly Wishlist!  Here's the ONE project that the TBA agents would love to see in their submission inbox. If you have something that fits with the below, please check out our submission guidelines on the website and send it over. We can't wait to read! 

Beth Phelan: I’d really love to see a bittersweet YA (romance or intense friendship story) having to do with Little Free Libraries, especially as it affects lower-income families. Building one, bonding over a favorite book, the connection we have with stories.  : 

Jenny Bent: A twisty turny suspense novel (for adults) with a female protagonist like GIRL ON THE TRAIN. 

Susan Hawk: I'd love to see a cozy mystery for the YA audience.  Think small town/community (beach town would be great!), female amateur sleuth, perhaps one of her parent’s is the town medical examiner.  I love Liane Moriarty’s characters and writing for this kind of thing.

Gemma Cooper: I never get tired of reading about characters falling in love! My favourite part is the flirting and the teasing and the almost-kisses. It’s hard to standout in this area, so ideally this YA project will have a unique way of telling the story or perhaps it will have dual POVs. I adore the way Rainbow Rowell writes about love, so she is a good indicator of my taste in YA romance.

Louise Fury: Sexy Romance with a strong hook, high heat and complex and flawed characters. Love dramatic ups and downs. Extra points if it is a little dark. 

Heather Flaherty: Still looking for solid fairytale/folklore retellings.

Brooks Sherman: I just finished reading RED QUEEN by Victoria Aveyard, and I’d love to find a similarly epic new YA fantasy or thriller. The key aspects for me here are vivid and original world building, aggressive pacing, and climactic stakes!

Victoria Lowes: A lyrical historical fiction set in early 20th century NYC.   

No comments:

Post a Comment